[Nix-dev] Stratego/XT build misery

Eelco Visser visser at cs.uu.nl
Mon Nov 15 12:05:11 CET 2004

I'm continuously strugling with development builds of Stratego/XT. Since
I have installed only few 'native' development tools on my Suse box, I
depend heavily on nix installations of these tools (e.g., gcc). However,
it seems to be a challenge to get everything to work together. For
example, the autotools are not provided in nixpkgs.

Also I discovered that mixing nix installed things and rpm installations
is not a good idea (e.g. using aterms from /usr); at least that is my
current hypothesis for the _rtld_global_ro at GLIBC_PRIVATE problem I
encountered.

Is anyone else doing development builds using (build) dependencies
installed with Nix? If so, I'd be very interested in a description
(script!?) of the configuration you are using.

-- Eelco

Eelco Visser            Institute of Information and Computing Sciences
mail:visser at cs.uu.nl    Universiteit Utrecht
  or:visser at acm.org     P.O. Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ Phone: +31-30-253 4592 Fax: +31-30-251 3791