[Nix-dev] Polkit action files installed via nix-env don't appear to be recognised by Polkit/Pkexec/Pkaction

Linus Heckemann acc at sphalerite.org
Wed May 31 09:48:49 CEST 2017

On 31/05/17 08:42, Roger Qiu wrote:
> Good response! This would be a great info in a wiki somewhere.

Thank you! Maybe I'll add it to the nixos-users wiki.

>> To allow nix-env as root to install polkit actions, you could probably
> add /nix/var/nix/profiles/default to polkit's search path.
>
> Disregarding it being a bad idea, how is this possible? Are you
> suggesting overriding the derivation during package build of polkit?

I'm suggesting not adding it to the search path and using systemPackages
instead ;)

As for how to add it to the search path, I really don't know. In the
best case, you can do this in a configuration file somewhere; in the
worst case this would require a patch to polkit.

Linus