[Nix-dev] Node example?

Harmen harmen at lijzij.de
Tue May 30 21:33:21 CEST 2017

(I got a reply offlist, I'll just answer here hoping the sender doesn't mind)

node2nix works fine, but I do indeed need to build some frontend, using webpack.

Currently I have two errors:

Npm can't download the precompiled node-webpack binary, but rebuilds it from
source every time I run nix. Downloading works fine on my laptop, but not on my
CI machine (gitlab builder, nix-daemon). The error is 'getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND
github.com github.com:443'. Should not be fatal (npm will build it from
source), but looks fishy to me.

The other, final, error is:
    sh: /nix/store/qvrv30xb597zr1ryw9d3n700pywxz3q9-node-my-dashboard-0.0.1/lib/node_modules/my-dashboard/node_modules/.bin/webpack: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
which, again, works fine on my test machine(s). Same nix version, same unstable
nixpkgs nix-channel version.

Thanks!