[Nix-dev] Auto-generated expressions for applications

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:02:28 CEST 2017

This actually ties into my question about nodePackages. It seems to me that
for these large packaging systems, we should have separate repos that
update from their source, and you can then include them into your nixpkgs
configuration.

Only packages that are useful by themselves should get a derivation in
nixpkgs, the rest would be in these add-on repos. For nodejs, that would be
e.g. yarn.

No idea how to accomplish this though.