[Nix-dev] nixops: Deploying from macOS

Daiderd Jordan daiderd at gmail.com
Sun May 28 00:48:35 CEST 2017

1. Things like writeText use the stdenv so the inputs differ depending on the platform, resulting in a different output. Even tho the resulting files would be identical.
2. Yes, if the nix-daemon is used the NIX_BUILD_HOOK and NIX_REMOTE_SYSTEMS will be determined by the daemon process.
This means that nixops can't configure it dynamically to build using the vm.

I don't think there's a solution for this at the moment, except for configuring distributed builds on your nixops host.