[Nix-dev] github triggered builds

Harmen harmen at lijzij.de
Tue May 9 22:44:53 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:08:08PM +0200, Maarten Hoogendoorn wrote:
> Unfortunately this does not really help with sharing derivations that have
> been built before.

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like I didn't miss anything obvious.

My current plan is to try gitlab with my own runner, which has a 'shell executor' option.
https://docs.gitlab.com/runner/executors/shell.html
That looks like to be exactly what I need for nix based builds.

Is this use-case of nix so uncommon (push-triggered builds)? Do most people go for Hydra?

Thanks!
Harmen