[Nix-dev] Issuepocalypse?

Matthew Bauer mjbauer95 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 08:39:29 CEST 2017

I think the number of issues in Nixpkgs is getting a little out of hand.
It’s become way too easy for issues to get buried. Lots of old issues
aren’t even relevant any more but they stay open because no one see
them. Others are more of support unanswered questions that there really
isn’t a good answer for.

Regardless, 1600+ seems like too many for even a project as ambitious and
large as Nixpkgs. Perhaps we need to be more aggressive in closing
issues? Are there any other ways to reduce issues?

Anyways, I’m going to call on everybody to look through all of the
issues you’ve submitted and verify that they are still valid. You can
filter these by clicking "Author" under the Issues tab
(https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues) and selecting your name.
There’s nothing wrong with having lots of open issues if they are
actually valid, but there’s definitely a lot of bogus ones out there.

Regards,
Matthew