[Nix-dev] Would love to get feedback / help to a kodi problem

Stefan Huchler stefan.huchler at mail.de
Sat May 6 15:01:22 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have problems getting my wireless xbox controller working with nixos
17.03 I think I kind of / might understand what the problem is.

I think I would be able to solve it in other distros by compiling a
package and install it into the system, but thats not so easy in nixos
cause of the weard paths, so you have to package it I think.

Because I dont think that the nixos / nix documentation is very good
(imho) and some experience with kodi packaging could help, I would be
happy if somebody could help me get the plugin packaged.

I tried to describe the problem here already:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/25490

As far as I get it making a package for that plugin:
https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick

would solve the problem. My first question for that would be: do I
need to create a own package for that or do I have to modify the
existing kodi package?

Regards

Stefan