[Nix-dev] Problem compiling a rust program without fetchFromGitHub

stewart mackenzie setori88 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 10:01:00 CET 2017

This is _exactly_ the reason why I moved all rust machinery into fractalide
before I deprecated it completely. The upstream nixpkgs rustRegistry wasn't
keeping up with my newly published rustfbp crate. By having the machinery
in fractalide I could bump the registry without making week long turn
around times to nixpkgs.

I asked you to nix-collect-garbage to remove all that crap, the new error
indicates the true source of the problem.

This error is a combination of the idiocy of semantic versioning, a
non-hermetically sealed rust machinery in nixpkgs and cargo's he-man
approach to a build system.

Please update the rustRegistry and try again.