[Nix-dev] NixOS 16.09 and Firefox Nightly

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 16:16:12 CET 2017

On 03/05/2017 04:05 PM, Mark Gardner wrote:
> I thought that 16.09 is the stable release but Firefox Nightly was
> installed when I upgraded yesterday.

I believe this is all actually as you wish it.  IIRC when you build FF
from source, it calls itself "nightly" by default.  `firefox` attribute
is always the latest stable release, and we even have `firefox-esr` for
the latest longterm release.  The versions are the same on nixpkgs
master and maintained stable releases, as security fixes are almost in
all FF updates.

--Vladimir