[Nix-dev] NixOS 16.09 and Firefox Nightly

Mark Gardner mkg at vt.edu
Sun Mar 5 16:05:36 CET 2017

I thought that 16.09 is the stable release but Firefox Nightly was
installed when I upgraded yesterday. No idea how stable Nightly is but
according to
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/styleguide/identity/firefox/channels/, it is
the one of the least stable of the Firefox builds.

I know that some like to track the latest and greatest but I would prefer
that there be a stable release where experimental or "nightly" builds are
guaranteed to be absent. (I left Ubuntu and went back to Debian years ago
for this very reason.)

;Please make the current release as stable as possible (with only security
and serious bug fixes).

Mark
--
Mark Gardner