[Nix-dev] Trying to install the SailfishOS SDK

Michiel Leenaars ml.software at leenaa.rs
Tue Jun 27 22:25:58 CEST 2017

Hi David,

> > The installer for Sailfish SDK [...] runs via steam-run
>
> Thank you so much ! I didn't think of steam-run, now I can give it a
> whirl!

any luck with that? steam-run indeed makes it possible to run the SDK
in NixOS, but already in the second step I get "VirtualBox not
installed: You need a working VirtualBox installation. Please download
it from <a href=\"http://www.virtualbox.org/\">www.virtualbox.org</a>,
install it and then rerun this installer." - after which it can only
close down

Is there perhaps a way to pass the location of the VirtualBox binary as
a parameter?

There is a repo for the SDK it seems:

https://github.com/sailfish-sdk

Best,