[Nix-dev] Trying to install the SailfishOS SDK

David Costa david at zarel.net
Mon Jun 19 20:40:31 CEST 2017

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 12:11:59 +0200
David Izquierdo <thecofee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll ask a more general question: Is there any other piece of
> softrware in nixpkgs that's based on a QtInstallerFramework?

Is the installer only a way to avoid packaging the SDK for one thousand
distros? If so we can build the SDK from sources and avoid the
installer at all.

> I suspect the secret sauce will be, unsurprisingly, in the AUR.

The AUR solution calls the installer with a --script option, passing
enough javascript to make the setup fully automated. I hadn't time to
try if this works in a headless environment or not.

Unless the SDK has binary only and unfree components I'd prefer a
package that can build it from source, but I don't know if we have a
guideline about wrapping binary releases.
For instance, is libreoffice compiled from source by hydra or just
wrapped?

> The installer for Sailfish SDK [...] runs via steam-run

Thank you so much ! I didn't think of steam-run, now I can give it a
whirl!