[Nix-dev] Gnome 3.22 hit master

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Wed Oct 26 18:14:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 10/26/2016 05:01 PM, Alexander Ried wrote:

> GDM was finally updated from ancient 3.14 to current 3.22 and now uses wayland
> instead of X for the login. After logging in, gnome-session will likely still
> start a user X session for you (no more X running as root).

Hm, using Wayland instead of X11 sounds like a fairly major architectural
change for NixOS, akin to switching the init system. AFAIK, Wayland support in
NixOS is experimental and we've never made a conscious decision on switching to
Wayland. Has there been any discussion about this?

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/