[Nix-dev] Environment variable $COQPATH not set

Anders Lundstedt anders at anderslundstedt.se
Wed Oct 5 10:46:08 CEST 2016

Thanks for the help guys, now I have a working solution using
nix-shell. However I wonder why using nix-shell is necessary for Coq
(coqtop, coqc etc.) to have access to installed libraries?

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 12:00 AM, Tomasz Czyż <tomasz.czyz at gmail.com> wrote:
> how did you install it?

I tried both with nix-env -i and by adding the packages to
environment.systemPackages.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 12:02 AM, Tomasz Czyż <tomasz.czyz at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I understand from it is: when you install interpreter, interpeter gets
> packages from this variable and this variable will be set (it does not mean
> that it's your local variable). On this level I assume it only means that
> your interpreter/compiler will find the libraries.

Neither coqc or coqtop finds the libraries.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Vincent Laporte
<vincent.laporte at gmail.com> wrote:

> A quick way to use the mathcomp package is to run a nix shell:
>
>     nix-shell -p coqPackages_8_5.coq coqPackages_8_5.mathcomp

This works! Thanks.