[Nix-dev] NixOS AMI Upgrade to use "user-data"

Paul Cooley Paul.Cooley at bazaarvoice.com
Wed Mar 2 22:42:52 CET 2016

I'm attempting to modify the official 15.09 AWS AMI's to initialize and configure nixos via user-data.

Our use case is very simple:

  *   Use a NixOS AMI
  *   Configure the instance using cloud formation with specific configurations contained in the user-data
  *   Allow our teams to use a single AMI and configure the instance as their applications require

At present, I'm unable to get any of the official AMI's to work with the user-data fixes even after attempting to use nixon-checkout and switching to an "unstable" release.

Suggestions?

[Bazaarvoice]

Paul Cooley
Senior Dev Ops Engineer