[Nix-dev] Raspberry-Pi NixOS

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Jun 15 14:01:06 CEST 2016

Hi viric,
Hi dezgeg,

I just found the wiki page on nixos on the raspberry[0], where you two are
referenced as creators.

May I ask whether this is still present? I plan on buying a Raspberry Pi model
B, 3rd generation and build a small handheld linux terminal (see [1]) with it,
but I really want to run nixos on it and be able to deploy software for it from
my other devices (mainly because of recompilation times - or are there a nixpkgs
substitutes for ARM available?).

So my question is basically: Is this article still relevant to the current
situation, as the article is almost one year old?

Of course I will document my experience and share it with the NixOS community
after I created the device.

[0]: https://nixos.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_2
[1]: http://makezine.com/projects/build-raspberry-pi-powered-linux-laptop-that-fits-your-pocket/

--