[Nix-dev] firefox + Nix + sha512

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:02:26 CEST 2016

On 06/08/2016 07:56 PM, Sergey Mironov wrote:
>    https://nixos.org/wiki/How_to_update_when_Nix_is_too_old_to_evaluate_Nixpkgs
>
> I tried to add the advice Vladimir gave me, but my user (ierton) have
> no write permissions any more. Who can I ask to re-gain them?

The wiki is read-only on purpose, and the content is being migrated to
official documentation (though very slowly AFAIK). The problem is that
much of it was either rotten or poor quality anyway.
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues?milestone=8

> How should I know the right Nix hash to --realize in future?

I got the path on Hydra... but we *should* fix the nixpkgs evaluation
error to provide helpful information.

--Vladimir