[Nix-dev] nixops: argument list too long

Eike eike at eknet.org
Fri Jul 22 23:53:40 CEST 2016

Hello,

I start using nixops and want to deploy from one machine to
another. Both have NixOS running. This is the nix file I feed to nixops
create:

    {
      network.description = "Lenni";
      lenni =
        { config, pkgs, ... }:
        {
          imports = [ ./configuration.nix ];

          deployment.targetEnv = "none";
          deployment.targetHost = "192.168.1.72";
        };
    }

The configuration.nix is the same file I used with `nixos-rebuild`
directly on the target machine.

When I run nixops deploy it builds the configuration and then quits with
“[Errno 7] Argument list too long” error:

    $ nixops deploy -d lenni
    building all machine configurations...
    lenni> copying closure...
    error: [Errno 7] Argument list too long

I'm not sure what I did wrong and could not find anything useful when
searching the internet. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks and regards
Eike

--
gpg: AD7AC35E
finger print: 137F BB0B 1639 D25F DC5D E59C B412 C5F5 AD7A C35E