[Nix-dev] Notes and ideas about the Nix-UI proposal

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Sat Jan 23 17:39:09 CET 2016

Hi,

a colleague told me this discussion started at the conference, so I’m even more sad I couldn’t make it!

I like the direction where this is going a lot. A big +1 from my side.

As a suggestion to the transactional behaviour, I’d like to avoid unnecessary shell quoting. How about “+” instead of “;"? I could imagine another non-colliding operator from the nix language, but “;” as a statement separator is going to be confusing because bash already uses it for almost the same thing.

Christian