[Nix-dev] Regarding the Wiki

Mateusz Czaplinski czapkofan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:47:32 CET 2016

Being a beginner to Nix myself, I want to join in saying that as of now,
the wiki *is hugely helpful to me*. The manual(s) *do* have a lot of good
stuff and I like them very much, that's for sure, but the wiki totally does
too. And I can't really remember finding any advice there that would be
dated, I mean that it wouldn't work for me.

Specific examples of what I seem to remember being useful to me recently
(and I believe I came to all of those via Google):
- https://nixos.org/wiki/Installing_NixOS_from_a_USB_stick (the notes about
syslinux, I think; I'm not 100% sure if that was the wiki, but I remember I
was helped by some advice on how to use syslinux);
- https://nixos.org/wiki/Howto_find_a_package_in_NixOS (also the first time
I read about nox; have to try it yet);
- https://nixos.org/wiki/Network_Manager - this unfortunately I think I
*did not* find when struggling with how to use NetworkManager on my first
minimal install (answer: nmcli) -> that's also why I'm trying to contribute
the PR with declarative config for NM;
- https://nixos.org/wiki/Cheatsheet (by the way, this isn't even linked
from the main wiki page I think).

Thanks,