[Nix-dev] Configuring mirror sites for fetchurl

Tim Williams (Public) tim.williams.public at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 00:54:43 CET 2016

Hi all,

When doing a "nixos-rebuild switch" for 15.09, nix wanted to download
updated texlive sources, which are many gigabytes in size. This wouldn't
be a problem, if the mirror site didn't default to an Australian one,
which is a very slow choice for the where I am,  the UK.
I tried exporting NIX_MIRRORS_debian=ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ and
then running nixos-rebuild, but this had no affect.  I am doing
something wrong? Should I report a bug?

Many thanks,
Tim