[Nix-dev] new tool: nixos-typecheck

Thomas Strobel 4ZKTUB6TEP74PYJOPWIR013S2AV29YUBW5F9ZH2F4D5UMJUJ6S at hash.domains
Mon Feb 29 03:16:58 CET 2016

Hi!

There is the new tool "nixos-typecheck" available in NixOS (currently in
master only) that is meant help us to keep the options of our nixos
module system well defined. In particular, "nixos-typecheck" can check
whether a type attribute is defined for the options of the module
system, and whether the default and example attributes are extended by
defaultText and literalExample where appropriate.

Defining the type attribute and defaultText and literalExample is
especially important for automatically generating a well specified
documentation of the nixos modules system, and to build enhanced tools
like NixUI. So I think it would be great if we could get all the options
that "nixos-typecheck" currently reports as "unspecified" typed for our
next release 16.09.

What do you think?

Thomas