[Nix-dev] AppImage

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:00:05 CET 2016

Having only read the front page, it looks like it could be complementary to
Nix. You could develop and build in Nix for reproducibility, efficiency and
completeness. Then, for portable deployment, you could run nix2appimage or
else include AppImageKit in a derivation and write the AppImage to $out. It
would be like using Nix to build a statically linked binary or a Docker
image.