[Nix-dev] Call for input method PR review

Eric Sagnes eric.sagnes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 05:33:30 CET 2016

There are quite a lot of international fonts available in nixpkgs.
The few I use are IPAFont (Japanese) and baekmuk (Korean) and they look
very decent.

For other languages, there is the noto font that self advert as
"Beautiful and free fonts for all languages" also available.

Fonts are easy to package, and in case you find a font not available yet
in nixpkgs that should be in, just add an issue.

The best part with fonts in NixOS is that they can be configured in
configuration.nix with `fonts.fonts` and `fonts.fontconfig`.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:10:58PM +1000, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Looking forward to this, but I assume Nixos probably doesn't package any
> decent fonts for languages outside of English.
>
> Aloha,
> RK.
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Yasuaki Kudo <yasu at yasuaki.com> wrote:
>
> > Many thanks in advance, looking fward to it!  Yasuaki :-)

> > review.

> > > Agree, this indeed low the barrier to NixOS for CJK folks.
> > >
> > > Merged, thanks!

Eric Sagnes
サニエ エリック