[Nix-dev] On nixpkgs and reasonable code size

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:39:59 CET 2016

On 02/21/2016 09:10 PM, Patrick Callahan wrote:
> Does anyone here know what other distros do to engage more
> developers+maintainers? Could we, among other things, organize some kind
> of drive to encourage more systematic contributions? Or is integrating
> all the current PRs too much work already for that to be helpful?

Well, I think the number of contributors grows fast enough since we
migrated to github:
https://www.openhub.net/p/nixos/contributors/summary

I think the inflow of PRs *is* high wrt. the number of active
contributors with push access. Certainly too much to keep quality very
high all the time, but on the other hand, for those less important
packages it's not a big deal...

--Vladimir