[Nix-dev] Travis Testing Needs Rethinking

Kevin Cox kevincox at kevincox.ca
Sat Feb 13 20:23:59 CET 2016

On Sat, 2016-02-13 at 17:03 +0000, Adam Russell wrote:
> Wouldn't this all be less of an issue if the build on Hydra wasn't
> behind by weeks? Should we talk about how to improve that? Personally
> I don't even know how to navigate or interpret Hydra when I go look
> at it.

I don't think Hydra is actually behind much, the channels are but IIUC
most builds are actually completing in a couple of hours. (Actually
looking now I see some 2 day old builds but nothing too terrible http:/
/hydra.nixos.org/status).
Getting faster hydra builds might make this less of an issue but there
will always be a delay. Of course if that delay is very small it won't
matter much.