[Nix-dev] [Event] NixOS at Open Source Conference 2016 Tokyo Spring

Eric Sagnes eric.sagnes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 06:00:17 CET 2016

Hi,

Just to let you know that there will be a NixOS users group booth at the Open Source Conference 2016 Tokyo Spring on February 26 and 27.
We will have a Nix/NixOS introduction talk (in japanese) on the 26 from 15:15 to 16:00 in room 506.
There will be a few goodies at the booth, mainly stickers and Install CDs, and a machine to play with NixOS.
It is not a very big conference, but many other open source communities will there too.
The conference venue is Meisei university (明星大学) that is fairly far from central Tokyo (about 1h by train from Shinjuku).
There is no entrance fee, and there will be an optional party on the 26 after the conference (about 200 participants) with drinks and food that will cost 1000 yens (500 yens for students).
Please contact me in case you have questions or need more information.

Conference homepage(Japanese): http://www.ospn.jp/osc2016-spring/
Party reservation page(Japanese): https://www.ospn.jp/osc2016-spring/modules/eguide/event.php?eid=1

By the way, we are holding a monthly NixOS meetup in central Tokyo central (Kayabacho).
The meetup is in English and/or Japanese depending on the attendees.
We mainly do basic things like presenting/studying NixOS internals and troubleshooting.
The next one is on February 18th and we plan to talk about Hydra.
We also compile the issues/questions the attendees had in a dedicated wiki in japanese, so if you are a Japanese speaker, please have a check and let me know if there are things missing or any mistakes.

Meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/ja-JP/Tokyo-NixOS-Meetup/
Japanese Wiki: https://github.com/Tokyo-NixOS/Tokyo-NixOS-Meetup-Wiki/wiki

Last, in case any of you is planning to visit Tokyo and would like to meet local nixers, please contact me or drop a message on the meetup page!

Cheers,
--
Eric Sagnes
サニエ エリック