[Nix-dev] [CFP] UnFUCK - Conference at my university

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sun Feb 7 14:05:07 CET 2016

Hi Nixers!

This year, a conference at my university[0] takes place. It is a rather
small university (of applied sciences) ("Hochschule" in german) and so
is the conference. We had about 60 attendees in 2014[1], we hope to see
some more this year, and that's why I'm posting the call for papers
here.

Most of you are not based in southern Germany or Swiss, though maybe
one or two Nixers can make it to the conference.

Enough talking, here[2] is the Call for Papers (my really bad english
translation below).

Feel free to ask me questions. I'm one of the organisers.

[0]: http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/
[1]: https://www.unfuck.eu/2016/2016_doku.php_start?idx=archive%3A2014
[2]: https://www.unfuck.eu/2016/_media/call_for_paper_unix_friends_and_user_campus_kamp.pdf

Funny sidenote: I was organiser in 2014 as well and there was a talk
about NixOS in 2014. That's how I learned of NixOS, actually. This
time, I will give a NixOS talk or maybe a NixOS install party.

--- english translation of the CFP ---

Call for Papers

UnFUCK 05.05.2016 - 08.05.2016

6th Unix Friends and User Campus Kamp @ Auditorium of the Hochschule
Furtwangen

From 05.05.2016 to 08.05.2016 there will be the 6th Unix Friends and
User Campus Kamp in the Auditorium of the Hochschule Furtwangen, a
conference of the Linux Group of the Hochschule (UnFUG).

The UnFUG calls out to students, alumini, linux and unix enthusiasts,
software developers and everyone who is interested, to propose Talks
and Workshops. A proposal may not be longer than two pages of written
text, in either german or english.

Ideas for topics:

    * Linux (-Distributions)
    * Open Source Software
    * Networking
    * Dateisysteme
    * Failosophy
    * Programming Languages
    * Programming Nightmares
    * (Network-, Email-, . . . ) Security
    * (RoR, Haskell, . . . ) in Enterprise
    * Internet of Things

Hand in your proposal until: 24.04.2016
You will be notified whether your talk made it into our timeline until
30.04.2016

The conference is from 05.05.2016 until 08.05.2016
Contact: unfuck at unfuck.eu

https://unfuck.eu/2016
irc://irc.ghb.hs-furtwangen.de/unfuck

--- /english translation of the CFP ---

For the curious: "UnFUG" stands for "Unix Friends and User Group" and
also means "mischief" in german.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,