[Nix-dev] New NixOS and nixpkgs for SmartOS images released

Franz Pletz fpletz at fnordicwalking.de
Mon Feb 1 18:03:22 CET 2016

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 16:18:17 +0100
"deCube.net | Danny Wilson" <danny at decube.net> wrote:

> 1) NixOS as lx-branded zone:
>
> Running NixOS in SmartOS’ container native
> linux-system-call-table-emulated environment:
> https://wiki.smartos.org/display/DOC/LX+Branded+Zones Special thanks
> to Eelco for helping me at NixCon figure out the special NixOS (and
> udev) settings to make it work!

Awesome! Much appreciated! We have a project that is using SmartOS for
virtualization where this will come in handy! I will try to test this
in the next few days.

Out of curiosity, does this work with the regular nixpkgs release-15.09
branch? What configuration options did you use? Do you maybe have that
on github somewhere or should I just look in the configuration.nix in
the zone?

Cheers,
Franz