[Nix-dev] Unwanted, unannounced reboot

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Tue Aug 30 19:54:31 CEST 2016

Wow.

Thank you _SO MUCH_ for reporting back.

I really hope that it is a software issue, I really do not want to
repair hardware or smth like that, so if this is really a software
issue it is annoying but I can live with that, because software errors
are way cheaper to fix. :-)

On 30-08-2016 16:03:49, Matej Cotman wrote:
> This reboot event happens every few months or
> so, some times even same day.

Same here, yes

> Nixos is the only distro that lived on that
> laptop.

I had Archlinux before (beeing on NixOS for 1,5y by now) and never had
this issue, but well, that was before kernel 3.18 or so, so maybe it
is a new kernel issue...

I'm not sure whether to report to LKML, though.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.