[Nix-dev] Unwanted, unannounced reboot

Matej Cotman cotman.matej at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:03:49 CEST 2016

I have X220 and suffer from exactly the same problem, I had it at official
thinkpad service for 2weeks or so... just to be sure, they put it through
all posible tests, the laptop worked flawlessly - they did not find
anything wrong with hardware. This reboot event happens every few months or
so, some times even same day. Nixos is the only distro that lived on that
laptop. But since there are little or no reports of this on internet,
ubuntu should work(?). My guess is that some kernel switch is not set
correctly. I have tried a lot of stuff, even switched to another SSD. What
i havent tried is to make diff of ubuntus kernel config and nixoses and go
from there but since reboot happens every few months... you do the math..