[Nix-dev] Sbtix - SBT project builder

Teo Klestrup Röijezon teo at nullable.se
Fri Aug 26 22:13:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

Lately I've been working on a project to help build SBT projects with Nix:
https://github.com/teozkr/Sbtix.

Currently it provides some basic project boilerplate and downloads your
project dependencies for you (like Bundix), but it would be nice to have it
also download, say, your SBT plugins and the pinned SBT version. Those are
currently not handled, since the current (hacky) way of discovering all SBT
projects in the build does not find build projects.

It's also pretty invasive at the moment, since it requires you to replace
SBT's native Ivy dependency resolver with Coursier. In most cases it should
be a drop-in replacement, but naturally I'm sure there are edge cases I
haven't thought of.

Do you guys think this is something worth pursuing further?

// Teo