[Nix-dev] Nix GUI? / make Nix more beginner-friendly

Roland Koebler rk-list at simple-is-better.org
Thu Aug 4 15:21:07 CEST 2016

Hi,

I really like the concept of Nix, but I think the commandline-tools
are not very beginner-friendly and not very intuitive for non-Nix-users.

Most distributions offer a GUI for package management, but I haven't
found one for Nix, although nox looks like a step in the right direction.
But the simplest way to search for a package is still
https://nixos.org/nixos/packages.html

So, I'm thinking of writing a GUI for Nix for managing packages in
Python3 + GTK+3. But to prevent duplicate work: Is there already
such a GUI, or is someone already working on it?

regards,
Roland