[Nix-dev] grsecurity on Nix

joachifm at fastmail.fm joachifm at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 1 22:04:18 CEST 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016, at 09:51 PM, Matthew Robbetts wrote:
> Hi Nixers,
>
> [...]
>
> However, I then noticed the existence of
> nixos/modules/security/grsecurity.nix, which appears to me to automate
> some of this, but is not mentioned at all on the wiki. Is this module the
> preferred way to enable grsecurity, and the wiki just needs updating?

The module is the recommended way to use grsecurity. Please peruse the
chapter about grsecurity/PaX in the manual for details. This feature is
only available on unstable, however, grsecurity support has been dropped
entirely from 16.03.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems or find something
unclear, difficult, or otherwise
lacking.

HTH,
Joachim