[Nix-dev] grsecurity on Nix

Matthew Robbetts wingfeathera at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:03:03 CEST 2016

Hi zimbatm,

> On Aug 1, 2016, at 12:57 PM, zimbatm <zimbatm at zimbatm.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah the wiki is definitely outdated, it's been in read-only mode for a while now.

Ah, that’s good to know, thanks. In that case, would you recommend I just use the config options detailed in the grsecurity module for configuration? Is that module “ready to go”?

> If you like security check out also https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/12895 <https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/12895>

I did see that issue on GitHub, yeah. I’ve been trying to work out if I can use it (and also how!). Would it be as simple as checking out that branch of nixpkgs in my local repo and hitting nixos-rebuild switch? That sounds far too easy...

Thanks!
Matt