[Nix-dev] Representation DevOpsDays Austin / Logo License?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:19:19 CEST 2016

Hi.

On 04/28/2016 05:54 PM, Graham Christensen wrote:
> 1. Is there any promotional material I should pre-print / take with me /
>    whatever to pitch NixOS?

I'm fairly certain we don't have any official stuff like that.

> 3. What is the license of the logo files? Can I freely make stickers? I
>    was going to make some up for the conference, but I think I'll need
>    to demonstrate I'm allowed to.

TL;DR: you certainly can consider the logo as "free", but IMHO it will
be hard to really demonstrate it. The original logo was taken by Eelco
from among Haskell logo-contest non-winners, with author's permission
(though I don't think there's ever been any legally clean
license/permission). Several months ago we were discussing logo changes,
and the work was done mainly by one of the community. Again, I don't
think we were touching such "nitpicks" as licensing.

Good luck on the conference!
--Vladimir