[Nix-dev] Monitoring by default

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:40:22 CEST 2016

On 04/23/2016 01:35 PM, Michael Raskin wrote:
>> That’s what they always say right before they make a 10 person team
>> work fulltime on a project. ;)
>
> Well, they have Bazel… And I have grounds to believe they are not going
> to use Nix this year.

Bazel's focus seems a little lower, similar to other build tools like
(c)make. Apparently, Google people like to pull sources of all
dependencies into their project's VCS.

That's quite useful to reduce rebuilding after touching very few files.
I've seen a mini-distro done in that style http://gittup.org/gittup/ -
but such direct approaches won't scale to the size of current nixpkgs...

--Vladimir