[Nix-dev] ioquake3 on nixos

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Wed Apr 20 18:48:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 04/19/2016 07:20 AM, Máté Kovács wrote:
> (In case you're wondering: I didn't yet figure out what's wrong with my
> channels, so I'm pointing to a clone of the nixpkgs github repo using
> the -I option for building the game.)

Try my fix, I think it might work. My theory is that <nixpkgs> points to
your 15.09 channel because we have
/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/root/channels/nixos in NIX_PATH by
default. When nix sees <foo>, it tries to find directory "foo" in all
paths listed in NIX_PATH. "nixos" channel has "nixpkgs" symlink inside
which points to itself:

/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/root/channels/nixos/nixpkgs -> ..

So that's what gets found when you do `import <nixpkgs>`. Renaming
"nixpkgs-small" channel to "nixpkgs" should fix this because it gets
higher priority.

--
Nikolay.