[Nix-dev] ioquake3 on nixos

Máté Kovács mkovaxx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 06:20:22 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I made a small improvement to the derivation for playing the game:

{ nixpkgs ? import <nixpkgs> { } }:
with nixpkgs.lib;
let
  paks = nixpkgs.stdenv.mkDerivation {
    name = "quake3-arena";
    sources = sourceFilesBySuffices ./baseq3 [".pk3"];
    buildCommand = ''
      install -D -m 644 $sources/* -t $out/baseq3/
    '';
  };
in nixpkgs.quake3wrapper {
  paks = [ paks nixpkgs.quake3pointrelease ];
}

This will copy all pk3 files to the destination baseq3, which comes in
handy if you have custom maps and mods.

(In case you're wondering: I didn't yet figure out what's wrong with my
channels, so I'm pointing to a clone of the nixpkgs github repo using the
-I option for building the game.)

Cheers,
Mate