[Nix-dev] Synchronizing a the binary cache

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:01:29 CEST 2016

Hi.

On 04/18/2016 09:31 PM, Evan Rowley wrote:
> I am wondering if it is possible to somehow synchronize a machine with
> the nix binary cache, so that on a separate network, it may service
> NixOS client requests to download binaries.

You probably don't want to follow *everything* that happens in the
binary cache, as there are lots of changes, and I don't know a
comfortable way anyway.

A NixOS machine can serve the contents of its /nix/store as a binary
cache by setting nix.sshServe.enable - I suppose that's the most
practical way for your case. Or you might e.g. build everything on the
"central machine" and then just nix-copy-closure it to wherever you need
(or use nixops - an advanced tool along those lines).

--Vladimir