[Nix-dev] Synchronizing a the binary cache

Evan Rowley rowley.evan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 21:31:26 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to somehow synchronize a machine with the
nix binary cache, so that on a separate network, it may service NixOS
client requests to download binaries.

I'm interested in any other tips / guides on using NixOS on networks with
limited or no connectivity to the internet.

I don't use NixOS at the moment, but if this were possible, then it would
bring me one step closer towards using it. My home internet connectivity is
extremely unreliable due to it's remote location, so am looking for a way
to cache packages and other necessary things locally.

The OS I use the most now is FreeBSD and it is simple to cache packages and
binary sets used to perform installations.

--
 - EJR