[Nix-dev] New undeclared dependency for Nix itself?

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:04:01 CEST 2016

You can look for all the dependencies in the way we build the tarball
in nix/release.nix file.
I think the problem might be that you are missing pkgconfig, which is
used to locate the inputs.

I would hope that any dependency is being explicitly list in the
release.nix file.

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 10:06 AM,  <ml.software at leenaa.rs> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to see what the status was of FreeBSD support (basically
> because I a jail running that needed some new software and I'd like
> Nix to manage the dependencies), and noticed something unexpected:
>
> 1) I clone the Nix git repository from https://github.com/NixOS/nix
> 2) I execute ./bootstrap.sh and then ./configure
> 3) it fails on something that is not officially listed as a
> dependency [http://nixos.org/nix/manual/#sec-building-source]:
>
>     [...]
>     checking for LIBLZMA... no
>     configure: error: Package requirements (liblzma) were not met:
>
> Of course I tried to go around it by installing
>
> /usr/ports/archivers/lzmalib
> /usr/ports/archivers/lzma
>
> But that didn't help. Is this a new dependency? If so, can someone
> point to what *exactly* it is that is needed?
>
> Best,
> Michiel

Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/