[Nix-dev] New undeclared dependency for Nix itself?

ml.software at leenaa.rs ml.software at leenaa.rs
Sat Apr 2 12:06:01 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I wanted to see what the status was of FreeBSD support (basically
because I a jail running that needed some new software and I'd like
Nix to manage the dependencies), and noticed something unexpected:

1) I clone the Nix git repository from https://github.com/NixOS/nix
2) I execute ./bootstrap.sh and then ./configure
3) it fails on something that is not officially listed as a
dependency [http://nixos.org/nix/manual/#sec-building-source]:

    [...]
    checking for LIBLZMA... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (liblzma) were not met:

Of course I tried to go around it by installing

/usr/ports/archivers/lzmalib
/usr/ports/archivers/lzma

But that didn't help. Is this a new dependency? If so, can someone
point to what *exactly* it is that is needed?

Best,
Michiel