[Nix-dev] [ANN] Vagrant boxes for 15.09

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Mon Oct 19 01:02:56 CEST 2015

Hi all,

nixbox <https://github.com/zimbatm/nixbox> has just been updated to release
15.09 vagrant boxes for the i686 and x86_64 archs. Only VirtualBox is
supported as a provider for now.

You can find the boxes hosted on the hashicorp’s atlas platform: x86_64
<https://atlas.hashicorp.com/zimbatm/boxes/nixos-15.09-x86_64> and i686
<https://atlas.hashicorp.com/zimbatm/boxes/nixos-15.09-i686>.

I have also updated the vagrant-nixos-plugin
<https://github.com/zimbatm/vagrant-nixos-plugin> and both should work
together fairly well. I haven’t tested all of the combinations extensively
so if you run into issues just let me know and I’ll try to fix them quickly.

If you want to try all this out you will need to install both vagrant
<http://vagrantup.com> and virtualbox <http://virtualbox.com> and the
plugin with vagrant plugin install vagrant-nixos-plugin.

Then create a Vagrantfile as below and run vagrant up:

# -*- mode: ruby -*-# vi: set ft=ruby :
vagrant.configure(2) do |config|
  # for a complete reference, please see the online documentation at
  # https://docs.vagrantup.com.
  config.vm.box = "zimbatm/nixos-15.09-x86_64"
  config.vm.hostname = "my-box"

  # create a private network, which allows host-only access to the machine
  # using a specific ip.
  config.vm.network "private_network", ip: "192.168.33.10"
  config.vm.provision :nixos, expression: {
    environment: { systemPackages: [ :htop ] }
  }end

​