[Nix-dev] How do I enable wake-on-LAN?

yasu at yasuaki.com yasu at yasuaki.com
Sun Oct 4 15:42:54 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to enable wake-on-LAN on my PC so I added below line to
/etc/nixos/configuration.nix

services.wakeonlan.interfaces = [ { interface = "enp2s0"; method =
"magicpacket"; }] ;

However, I think it is still disabled after nixos-rebuild switch , the
status-of Wake-on 'd' for disabled.

What am I doing wrong?

Settings for enp2s0:

Supported ports: [ TP MII ]

Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full

1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full

Supported pause frame use: No

Supports auto-negotiation: Yes

Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full

1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full

Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only

Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes

Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full

1000baseT/Full

Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric

Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes

Speed: 1000Mb/s

Duplex: Full

Port: MII

PHYAD: 0