[Nix-dev] Real documentation, aka "Let's kill the wiki"

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Tue Nov 24 15:25:25 CET 2015

On 24-11-2015 15:00:33, Profpatsch wrote:
> On 15-11-23 08:03pm, Jan Malakhovski wrote:
>
> I thought about this in the past, as a first step it would be a killer
> feature to be able to use the documentation on the system with
> https://zealdocs.org/ (as compared to using the outdated versions provided
> by default).

While I consider zeal a really great idea, I would like to note that
plain-text access is essential. I don't know whether this is possible
if we ship documentation through zeal and even if it is possible: Is
it still readable? I don't know anything about the formats zeal uses.

The proposal I filed for compiling markdown sources from the nixpkgs
repository into pdf or html could be used for shipping documentation
with zeal, if zeal is able to include the html I generate with pandoc,
right?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,