[Nix-dev] TexLive wiki page

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Nov 18 14:23:41 CET 2015

On 18-11-2015 08:29:52, Karsten Gebbert wrote:
> IMHO, the Github wiki should probably be that place, and the workflow
> markdown/rst/org -> pandoc -> pdf/html (& possibly gh-pages). It makes it easy
> to contribute via $EDITOR + git or a convenient web interface.
>
> My $0.02 :)

I'd vote against github wiki. It is just a mess IMHO and is for taking
notes, not for documentation.

Though I'd vote for a markdown/rst -> git+pandoc -> html/pdf solution
(not org, as this is [kindof] bound to an editor). I'd be happy
with pandoc, but I'd vote against gitit, btw! I find it too bulkyish
and I'd prefer github as web UI, but this is debatable as well.

Maybe we can have a sprint at 32C3 for this.

I see one problem: The documentation is not located near to the code
it documents. We should include the documentation (as .md or .rst
files) within the nixpkgs repository and compile it with pandoc from
tree to html/pdf.

Maybe we can set something up right now? I think I can put some effort
into this at the weekend and get something basic working, shouldn't be
too much to do, actually.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,