[Nix-dev] boostHeaders disappeared

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Wed May 20 16:08:08 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 20/05/15 15:06, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:

> long time ago I introduced a package boostHeaders, that only installed the
> boost headers without building any lib. The purpose of that package was to
> avoid the heavy build load of boost.
>
> For what I remember, building all boost involved bjam taking 2GB of RAM,
> and heavy task for g++. This is a huge task for some ARM computers.

Hm, isn't building packages like gcc also a problem on such constrained systems?

I'd prefer not to have multiple Boost packages again. Boost's build script does
have a "--with-libraries" flag, maybe we can expose that as a function argument?
Then you could say something like

  boost.override { libraries = [ ]; }

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/