[Nix-dev] How to test my service definition without actually "installing" it?

Tomasz Kontusz tomasz.kontusz at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:52:11 CEST 2015

I'm so bad at sending mail to the list :-( still learning to reply-all.

Yes, that would rebuild the whole system. I normally build on top of nixos-unstable (there's a separate repo with branches for channels) instead of master, this helps with rebuilds.
If you don't want to rebuild your whole system you can use nixops with local containers - that's how I normally test services that I won't run locally.

BTW thanks for working on taskd service, I'd love to use one :-)

--
Wysłane za pomocą K-9 Mail.